Friday, April 20, 2007

Today!

Today I went to Canyon City with my mother in law. I did not know they had such a neat little city there, except for the whole prison thing. It really reminded me of Hutchinson. A small town that you could walk from one side to the other in an hour or so, small little locally owned stores, Nice park. I saw all kinds of Mommy's with their kids, they were smiling and having fun, and there were no sirens, like when I go to the park with my kids. They are a small town and it was kind of tranquil. I walked along the Arkansas with the girls, they had a great time throwing rocks in, and I kept having the sinking feeling they were going to fall in. Motherly paranoia. My 1 year old loves water, and she enjoyed looking at it, and I think she was truly in awe. We fed ducks, played at the park, and Grandma treated us to lunch. All in All not a bad day. Except the part where Grandma kept "backseat driving." I tolerated it because we were in her car, and I was driving. Otherwise, I probably would have told her hush a lot more than I did. The girls had a great time, as did I, and it all was a big mistake!!!!!