Sunday, April 08, 2007

On this day!!

For some reason today I seem to be reflecting on my past, and present, and what a different feeling about myself, and life in general, than I have had in the past. God has certainly changed my life in these past 9 years, and I know more is to come. I remember growing up and just going along, maybe driving my family crazy cause I talked a lot when I was a kid, not really getting into trouble, too often, I had a couple a problems. Who am I kidding? A lot of problems. But what I think about today are my children, and what a different life they have, in so many ways, and how in a lot of ways, it is kind of the same. I still struggle with Gods will, and sometimes I have a hard time just shutting up to pray. But I know because Jesus died for me, I have a chance for redemption. All those bad things I did, and still do, God forgives me because of Jesus. All the bad things my children and husband do, they are forgiven. We are forgiven because Jesus died for us. I write that and think, he did not JUST die for us, he was tortured, and hurt; stabbed, beaten, humiliated, and Nailed for us. All so you and I can go to heaven. I know that sounds simple to some, and for some you know it is not. It is a constant thing in a Christians life, pray, change and evaluate; pray, change and evaluate; pray, change and evaluate. We will never be perfect like Christ, but we are called to be better all the time. To be more Christlike in all we do. To serve, knowing we will never be good enough. That is why Jesus died for me, and you. I have more hope now, knowing that the past does not really matter, as long as I have learned from it, and I must say I learned a lot about what not to do. I know that God has a plan for me, and my family, and we must submit to his will. And everyday my walk with God gets better. I know I almost have a childlike view about this, but in a lot of ways, I am still a child in my Christianity. My understanding grows, and I think that is what is important. I get stronger in my faith, and I can pass that on to my kids, friends, family, and let Gods grace shine through me, or try my best anyway, and learn more, and try harder. I am debating whether I am going to post this or not. It sounds a little silly, but this is what I am thinking about, and really looking forward to church today, being in Gods house on the Lords day, and hearing how Jesus died and rose for me. Happy Easter. But remember Him everyday, not just today.