Sunday, April 29, 2007
My Last Day of Vacation.
So, Yesterday was the tryouts for Deal or No Deal. First let me say, I would probably do it all again, but I would end it the differently. There were THOUSANDS of people. I will upload some pics. when I get home. My sister and I got in line at 9:30 a.m.! We had some nice people around us, so that was good. Definitely could have gotten some crazy people, so thank God that did not happen.Then we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. Then we hit the actual "entrance" of the line. We were all in the parking lot of the Grand Ole opry Mall, down in Nashville, that is one nice mall. Well anyway, after 8 or 9 hours of waiting in the parking lot, and we were aloud to cross the street, and be right in front of the all............ and wait another 3 hours. So at the end, right before we went into the room where all the producers were at, they lined us all up into 2 lines of 8 people, I was fine, smiley, happy to be at the end. Now here is the tricky part, when you get up to the table with the producer, He says "hi" your time starts. YOU ONLY HAVE 20 SECONDS TO SELL YOURSELF OUT OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. 20 Seconds, that is it. And you cannot blow it. So okay the line before us goes in. Still fine, still happy. Then it is our turn to go in. still fine, still happy. Then the line before us gets to go to their producer table. Yyyyyaaayyyyyyyy!!!! Alright it is our turn. We all circle around the front of the table.I a going to tell you all what I was thinking this whole time. He starts with an older lady at the end, "oh she did good, good job for her." Next, said her name, where she was from, said she needed some money for various reasons. Next was another older woman, she was talking about her 2 daughters that she was trying to get through Dartmouth Collage. Good for her she did it exactly the way that she practiced. Then it was my sister Lisa's turn. She flew 11 hours, rented a car, drove my 3 girls and I down to Nashville, gave us a vacation for a week, brought us into her home, fed us and has been so great with the girls, all so I can have a chance to tryout for Deal or No Deal. Okay my turn, "Hi" he says. "Hi" I say, "My name is T- - - - - M--------, I am from Colorado. I have 3 kids all girls, and being on Deal of No Deal is a big dream of mine" and then, and then, I started to cry, and then, and then, I could not remember what i was going to say, WHAT A DORK. I started crying in front of Mr. man right there, the one who is choosing people for the show, duh. He went on and did the next 4 people. Took our applications asked 2 of our group to stay behind, I was not one of them obviously. We saw one of them later and he said that they gave him a second interview, and just asked a few more questions. Then I could not stop crying, I just feel like I totally screwed that up. Well here is my positive spin, If that does not make somebody stand out in thousands and thousands of people, I do not know what will. They also said that it could take up to a year for them to call you. I thought I would do better talking to a person, than a camera, but I guess I proved that theory wrong. Oh well, the rest of the vacation has been a great time. That is the only thing I am a little disappointed about. My sister has a very generous heart. She is a great person. So I am just waiting for everybody else to wake up, and then we will start enjoying our last day of vacation. I see you all soon, well some of you anyway. CHOW.





