Friday, January 18, 2008

My 4th grader, Great Girl!!

My 4th grader participated in a Spelling Bee today. She had a personal goal to be in the top 3 so she could go on to the school wide bee. Well out of 23 kids she was in 10th. Not bad at all. Of course she was disappointed, but she handled it so well. A few tears and she was okay. She is a little of a perfectionist, and it is very hard to lift her spirits when she gets disappointed. She gets that from her daddy. (luv ya honey!!!) I think it helped that our bestest "Pow" was there to give her a good hug, and daddy too. (Mama had to go to the restroom and that is where I was when she missed her word, ugh.) Her word was Fossil, and she spelled it fossel. Then sat in her chair spelling all the rest of the words right and she kept saying "I can spell that one." She did great. Next year will be her year!!!