Thursday, November 16, 2006
What if....
I just have one question? What if you are not totally happy with the lot you have? Most things in my life I can say thank you God, that is great, but what about the rest where I feel beat down? What do I do with it? I know I can "tell" God, and ask him to change it, right? I will pray and ask him to give me satisfaction\happiness with all that I am unsatisfied with? I feel like everything I have is by the grace of God, my kids are fed and clothed not because I have a lot of money and such. All things that my family needs we have, so I should not complain to much. But I do so wish that I could be happier about my life. I know there are people out there who have it much worse than I do. Trust me I grew up my whole life telling myself that, so I guess as an adult I though I would not need to tell myself that so much. And that is exactly what is going on. Do you think God is punishing us for our past. I know He can be merciful, but there are plenty examples in the bible of God showing his disapproval, making people repent for their mistakes. So is that the point, do I repent my sin of unhappiness and ask for peace and guidance. The other thing that bothers me is, tell me if I get this right, my disappointment in life shows my disappointment in God, my anger at certain people shows my anger towards God, etc. etc.! Because if He is in control of all, which is another big topic in my head lately, predestination vs. freewill, how freewill plays into predestination; then he is working all these issues in my life for a reason, so my displeasure in the issues shows my displeasure with him, even if I do not mean it that way. Right? Wrong?





