Sunday, July 22, 2007

In Church today.

While I was sitting in church today, listening to my pastor preach about Hannah, I thought to myself she is a great woman. Here she was asking God for the one thing that made a woman a woman back then and when she gets it she hands him over to God. She kept her word. I know a lot of times I would pray to God, please do not let such and such happen, and I promise I will never do this again but then I would turn around and do it again. This was when I did not go to church, I do not pray these prayers now, I do not want to strike anymore bargins with God ;) Anyway I also relized a lot of woman like to compare themselves with the proverbs 31 wife, and compared to her I am so dim. But when I look at other women in the bible I can compare to them and keep my head up, they seem to be a little bit more like me. Hannah is not described like the Proverbs 31 wife, who is doing just about anything and everything under the sun, before the sun even comes up. Hannahs struggles and prayers are a little bit more typical. I just like to know that there are other woman in the bible to be compared to. Makes it easier to say that Proverbs 31 is not what is expected of me, Pastor says you can be a little of all of them. I like that.