Sunday, June 24, 2007

Scars, inspired by rugrats and dirty rugs.

So, I have read an incident that my friend had and now I want to share. When I was 4 or 5 my parents played on a baseball team and we were all there "watching." Well I do not remember if any of my sisters went with me, but I ended up playing under the bleachers. I got real far under them and decided that I would stand up, and got the under part of the bleacher right in my head. Split it all the way down to the skull and I stopped the whole game. (at least I think that is what happen.) Go figure, I still have this scar that is about an inch long where no hair grows. I have many tiny scars from falling over my own feet half the time, I was very clumsy growing up, The other scar that is worth mentioning, because I really think God was watching me this night, is a very small scar on my left thumb. I had the closest kind of car to my dream car I have come to this far. 1980 Mustang, like this except blue and hard top. It is those little 2 doors, not fancy, in desperate need of a good paint job, but I loved that car. We went to the lake to fish, in Illinois, and I let my boyfriend at the time drive; he had been drinking, big no no there, hindsight and all that; and he wanted to take me on this "jump" on one of the roads that he found. So I said okay. I used to never wear my seat belt, but that night I put it on. I did not have any drinks that night, but sitting in the passenger seat, I could not keep my eyes open, I got very sleepy. It was weird, I remember thinking how odd it was because I was young and stayed out many a nights until the sun rose. So anyway, we hit the jump, and the car flipped, I think it rolled a couple of times. I put my hand up on the roof, my thumb got cut, ex was fine, but we were out in the middle of nowhere, and no way to get the car home, it was totaled, no way to get to the hospital. We made it to the closest main road and the 3rd or 4th car that drove by gave us a ride. 2 weeks after we rolled my car, there was another accident just like that and the passenger of that accident broke her neck and was dead at the scene. I have always thought that someone was looking out for me there. But those are really the only 2 scars I have that have cool stories behind them. What about you? Any crazy stunts that have given you those reminders for the rest of your life?