Friday, June 08, 2007

I just have to say....

that reading the bible is awesome. There are some parts where I don't really understand what it means, but a couple Sundays after I read it it seems pastor is preaching about it, so I gain some understanding. Right now I am in Proverbs and compared to some of the bible it is Brain candy. Not much to understand, it is like " If you do "A" you are golden, but if you do "B" then you are a fool." Like that!!! Like "Proverbs 13:24, He who spares the rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him promptly." I need to remember that more often, and I am going to have my girls learn that one, lol. Of course there are other proverbs that I read so far that I like, but that one is great. I always go through this thing where when I start having bad days, for whatever reason, I question my faith, like why do I go to church when this is how I am? Why do I react this way when I am supposed to do better than this? Why do I consider myself poor, when I have Christ and am richer in Heaven, and I do have many blessings on the earth? Do you do that too? I think most of us do, but this Proverb struck me too, "Proverbs 13:13, He who despises the word will be destroyed, But he who fears the commandment will be rewarded." I believe I do fear it, because I worry if I am doing good enough, if God is happy with me, am I pleasing in his eyes. Do I have a good odor? (Pastors sermon 2 Sundays ago) I want to do better in all that I do, and I just pray that God sees that, even if people do not! After all, it is all about God. Thank Him for being merciful and forgiving, because I would be ousted if he wasn't. So I have read the whole New Testament, for the first time, all the way through. I was a little frightened to read Revelations, not for the reason you might be thinking (Left Behind), but because my dad was a man who would lecture about Revelations, like when it started happening we would run to the mountains and hide and we would not take the number of the beast, all the while he usually had one to many, and was on something else too. Well I think my goal is to be in Heaven so if it all goes down like that I won't be here to begin with, God willing. I do not know what Revelations is all about, it came across as Johns dream and he was just describing it. I am sure one day I will be at bible study learning about it the right way, so I have to admit I read it as fast as I could and deliberately not thinking to hard about it. So after Revelations I started reading the Psalms. Read them all, for the first time through I liked them, and I could think of the hymns that many of them are in. Now I am in Proverbs myself, and my girls and I are reading the Psalms together. We are working our way through the Old Testament and that is just where we are now. So I am going to read through them again with the girls. Now that our school year is over I think during the summer I will concentrate on our catechism and other things that I have been neglecting, then when school starts next year we will already have that routine down, and just do school along with it. I never really got to integrate the Bible into school this year, we started late and I was playing catch up all school. We have 2 subjects that we still need to finish. It will probably only take a couple of weeks, but I am stoked that next year, there will be no catch up. Hooray!!!! Okay it is time for this mamas bedtime, morning comes early around here. Goodnight. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite!!!