Okay, so 5 Minutes for Mom is having a virtual baby shower, head on over and check out the prizes and what you can do to win some for you or for some friends. Here is my most interesting story. Some of my closest friends have heard this story so many times, my hubby loves to share it, but for my new readers, or those participating in the babyshower, you will probably love it, or hate me. These always seem to be the outcome from this story.
Flashback July 25th, 2002.
I was standing at the stove when I started feeling this pain in my back that slowly moved to the front. Not knowing for sure I called my mom to see what she said and sure enough she just confirmed my thoughts and said it did sound like contractions. Well about 4 hours later I was still feeling the same way. My contractions were not getting closer or stronger. Well I called the triage nurse and she told me to drink the water and go lay down for an hour and call her back. So that is what I did, around the time I was to call her back, I had one contraction that made me say, "okay, that one hurt." i made a mistake, one they tell you not to do, I went to the rest room, and had my husband dial the number for the nurse again. He tried to answer her questions, and as he handed me the phone, I could feel the baby's head dropping. I told the nurse and she said, sounding a little panicky, "Call 9-1-1." and she hung up on me. Well now the contractions were coming so quickly, I can't even tell you how quick they were. Now while I was on the phone with the nurse my husband woke up our oldest daughter, because he thought we all would be heading to the hospital. Now we only live about 1 block from the hospital, but I told him we could not make it, the head was there. So he is holding our 4 year old who is not quite all the way awake yet and proceeded to call 9-1-1. To this day he says the dispatcher had to be reading out of a book and was about 5 pages behind. With every contraction her head would come out and at the end of the contraction it would disappear. I do not know how long it took, but the emergency help finally arrived. The firemen showed up first and as soon as they came in my husband got up and moved into the living room. I was laying right in front of the front door, when the fireman got down I asked if I could push and he said yes. One push and that was it, baby was born, umbilical cord cut. The first picture we have of her is on our kitchen table being checked out by the paramedics before we were put on the gurney and carted off to the ambulance. My husband and oldest daughter followed the ambulance all the way to the hospital, and my mother met us there. The first thing she said to me was "you just had to beat me didn't you." The reason she said that was because when I was born, I was born in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. Anyway, That has been the most exciting birth for us.





