Thursday, October 25, 2007

<

I have not done "Thankful Thursday" in a while, I just always forget it is Thursday, until it is Friday. Did that make since? Anyway, I am reading this book that I heard about on one of the Christian radio stations that I tune into while I am driving and it is called "Having a Mary heart in a Martha World." Now when I first heard it I thought Mary was Jesus mother, and I thought Martha was Martha Stewart. Boy was I wrong. The Mary and Martha that she (the author, Joanna Weaver) speaks of are the 2 sisters in Bethany mentioned 3 times in the bible. Now most of you know, here is Jesus and all his disciples that are welcomed into this home, and Martha is hard at work cooking and preparing things for the company; and there is Mary kneeling at Christs feet just listening to him. The writer of this book, adds a lot of detail to this part and it probably puts it into great perspective. Martha is extremely busy, bustling around getting food and drinks, probably making sure everyone has a good place to sleep, probably delegating so many things, running around like a chicken with her head cut off, She is looking for her sister, and finds her sitting on her rump, and in Marthas eyes, doing NOTHING. So she pleads to Jesus, pretty much saying, see my lazy sister, don't you care? And Jesus tells her that she worries to much, (not a direct quote from the bible, but the jift of it) and that Mary has chosen the better part of what is going on. So here is what I am thankful for, I am totally THANKFUL that I am not a worrier. Never really have been, until the last couple of years of my life. Things just seem totally and completely out of my control, and lo and behold, they are. That is always the hardest part for me, but most the time I can release my little worries over, and then I forget about them, they just "poof" go away. I will reiterate, MOST OF THE TIME. There are a couple of issues in my life that I still struggle with letting go completely to God. Anyway, I am thankful for the fact that I am not a Constant worrier. I do not let my imagination get the best of me. I do not let the things that COULD happen stop me from living. There are many people who are chronic worriers, and what a burden that is to carry. They let their "what ifs" stop so much. So I am thankful, and I thank God, that if I worry my worries are pretty normal, and not OCD type worries. Now for my friends and fellow readers, if you are a worrier, I hope I did not offend, may I just say though, go get this book from your library, I am just on Chapter 2 and there are so many good tips on how to identify if you are a chronic worrier and tips on some release. Go get the book and read it.





